Tuesday, September 09, 2014

MAKSAK 2014

MAKSAK has come again, and, again, a big event is happening in my life. In 2010, I did not participate because of my father's death, while in 2012, even though my wife was expecting, she assured me that my baby would wait for me (and she eventually did). However, this time, another baby will be coming out soon and I will not be going to Terengganu. 

I was told by the team captain that they would be going on their own because Kelantan government do not ask the chess team to participate this year. The invitation letter that we have been waiting since the dates are announced does not arrive so the Kelantan team will be participating with their own pocket money. 

I do not actually know the team composition, but I was notified that my replacement is quite as good, if not better. He is a young chess talent uprooted from the MSSK Kelantan team several years back and is believed to be coaching around Kota Bharu area.

Hopefully the team will prove that the state decision to not send the team is faulty. 

GOMO KELATE GOMO!


Kelantan's participation from when I started participating:

MAKSAK 2008 (Penang)
MAKSAK 2009 (Kelantan)
MAKSAK 2010 (Kuala Lumpur)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails