Saturday, October 08, 2011


DRAW

.. against Marzuki Yaacob (picture) has taken away my 100% record. Not to take the credits away from him; he is actually a good player; but I should have managed my time more efficiently so as not to land in time trouble when it matters the most. I tried to transpose his English into a Nimzo-Indian, but he refused by not playing 3.d4. The middle game was slightly in White's favour, until his Kh2 forced him to take 2 steps back. From there, I took the initiative by placing my pieces towards his King. An exchange of Knights put his other Knight at h4, and I decided to chase it at the expense of opening up my castle. He complicated the game with a d5 push and the game was drawn during the time trouble.

The d5 push


Final position

The were also several other games played, and, at the time of writing, Baharuddin would be playing his third game for today. On the other hand, Nik Nazri managed to get his first point against Norazlin. So far, Yours Truly still tops the standing with 4.5 points, followed by Marzuki and Syed Azizi with 3 points each, Baharuddin with 2 points, Nik Nazri with a point and finally Norazlin with 0.5 point.

The results can be read at the results page, and my game today will be published later in the tournament website.


Update:

Baharuddin held FIDE rated Marzuki for a draw.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails