Friday, June 24, 2011


A BLEAK TIME FOR KELANTAN CHESS

The chess activities in Kelantan is slowing down. Even the bloggers do not update their blogs with news and information. The culmination of which, the non-participation in the upcoming MAKSAK chess tournament which will be held in Perak next month. I received a text from my fellow Johor MAKSAK player, that he was shocked when he saw that Kelantan did not take part in the draw for the group matches. I asked our captain, and he confirmed that Kelantan would not send a chess team this year, the state opted to alternately send the carrom team this year when the honour had been given to chess and dart teams last year, which I unluckily dropped out because of my father's death. Now I have to train for next year, hopefully it will be the chess team's turn.

Let me mourn this decision alone.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails